An amazing fairy-tale about Kolobok
and the Magic Flower
(FOR CHILDREN FROM LITTLE ONES UP TO TEENS)
a play based on the motives of a Russian folk fairy-tale
by Yelena Mikheyeva and Elvira Ahtyamova
Kolobok* – is a personage of a Russian fairy tale. It is made of bread-stuff and it looks like a ball with a face.
The fairy-tale was shown on the stage as a puppet-show by Kazan Sahaja-Yogis, Russia
(The sun is shining brightly in the blue sky. There is a birch grove, a small village in a distance a bush of roses is seen on the foreground.)
I go and I sing,
the sun shines in the sky.
what a beautiful thing
to live in the wide world !
if I meet someone
on a wood path,
we’ll be friends and I shall go
to search for new friends.
(He stops near a rose bush).
– Ah, what a beautiful bush! If I want to get friends, that means I should like them. And how shall I like them? Now I shall tear these flowers and I shall give them to everyone I’ll meet, and nobody will refuse from my gift and will be a friend of mine. (Tries to tear a flower off).
– Ah, don’t touch me!
– What is this? (He tries to tear the flowers off again)
– What are you doing ? Don’t touch my roses!
– Who is speaking? There is nobody nearby.
It’s me, the Rose Bush. Don’t break me, it hurts me. I am growing here at the road and showing my beauty to passers-by. And the broken flowers will wither quickly and will not give anybody a lot of joy.
Nonsense! I need your flowers! (he tries to tear a flower off again, and the rose bush hurts Kolobok with his thorn). Oh! (Kolobok cries). What is it? So beautiful and so prickly! How shall I find friends now?
If I have nothing, nobody will want to be friends with me …
– What strange thoughts! Do you really think that you get friends in exchange for something – for a sweet or for something else?
– Remember, true friendship arises only when love and kindness reign in your soul, to everything that surrounds you. And you become like a fine flower growing on our earth. This flower which grows in you, such tender and fragrant, such pleasant, that everyone who surrounds you is attracted by it and becomes a similar flower.
– Oh ! You speak so charmingly! How can I become such a flower?
– Look around. Look, this world is so beautiful, look at the sun and at the sky. If you want to awake this fine flower inside you have to ask for it. And just feel how your heart is filled with love and joy.
– The flower of love and good, please blossom in my heart and reveal yourself above my head !
(Sounds of music, another rose flower rises above Kolobok’s head).
– Wow! I feel something growing inside me and growing so highly. Yes, that is the beautiful flower! Thank you, rose bush! Now I know what can I present everyone who I’ll meet with. Good-bye! (He goes away, sings a song).
(A bear is sitting and holding his hand on his stomach; the song of a greedy Bear is sounding).
– What do you want here? Continue reading “A Fairy-tale about Kolobok – script for a puppet-show”